Performance Upgrades - BMW Sport Riders & Racers Forum

Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

08-17-15
    Motorcycle
    '08 HP2 Sport

At the track it's about horsepower, suspension and the right tires. If you don't get it right you're just a spectator. Those two little patches make all the difference.
    "Misdirected inertia is sure to have dangerous if not catastrophic results" by Nail24
    Bubba Edwards
    BMW '11 R1200GS (Best BMW I've ridden to date}
    BMW '08 HP2 Sport #39 (Sold) 

2. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

11-09-09
    It looks so good!!!

nail24 is offline Global Moderator - BMWSR.org
    08-17-15
    Motorcycle
    '08 HP2 Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinW
    It looks so good!!!
    Kevin are you aka Yellowracer?
    "Misdirected inertia is sure to have dangerous if not catastrophic results" by Nail24
    Bubba Edwards
    BMW '11 R1200GS (Best BMW I've ridden to date}
    BMW '08 HP2 Sport #39 (Sold) 

5. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

09-26-08
    I am new to owning BMW. I own a couple of aprilias Mille and Futura. I just bought a low milage R1200st and am enjoying the ride. Could some one give me some advise on performance upgrades to increase the power and torque. The bike came with Wilbers shocks front and rear so it has a good platform for the handeling but could use some help in the power department.

Bob Johnson

01-12-09
    Everything I have read says that the BMW boxer engines are at peak horsepower already. Anything you add, exhaust, engine management chip etc will only add a couple of HP a best. You can add a turbo, read megabucks, or have the heads ported and polished, this is probably the best way to add some ummmph. Reducing the weight of the bike will also help out.

09-26-08
    During my surfing on the net, I notice that San Jose BMW has a few performance items, exhaust , intake filters and higher compression - lighter pistons. Also Santa Cruz BMW is selling a different header system and exhaust claiming 106 at the rear wheel. Does anyone have experience with these shops or these combinations?

01-12-09
    True, you can buy some items, but the general consensus is that the $$ spent are not worth the HP gained.

07-01-09
    Quote Originally Posted by groundhog105
    During my surfing on the net, I notice that San Jose BMW has a few performance items, exhaust , intake filters and higher compression - lighter pistons. Also Santa Cruz BMW is selling a different header system and exhaust claiming 106 at the rear wheel. Does anyone have experience with these shops or these combinations?
    Nat'es Race bike, an R1200S, with a Remus Header, Acropovich pipe, and Power Commander, plus Air filter got 108 on the dyno over the weekend, but normally more like 105 or so. His bike is stock internally.

Really though, you wont gain much over stock without a LOT of extra money.

Jim :brow

09-26-08
    I realize that the peak HP could probably not be increased much without a lot of money. However sometimes the quality of the power increase in the low and midrange is worth a lot more than peak power for real world riding. That is really what I was looking for.

Real Name
    juan
    08-04-10
    pantalla alta para f800st,donde comprar