Ride / Events 2021 - BMW Sport Riders & Racers Forum



Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Points: 5,858, Level: 52

    Real Name
    simon
    Location
    Welling Kent
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Online
    1 Week Ago
    Posts
    68 / 0 / 0 / 0
    Motorcycle
    '13 F700GS
    What are fellow riders plans for Next Year. 2020 has been a year not to remember and I am sure many of you like me cant wait until this Covid situation is under some control so we can continue with our shared enthusiasm and get back to going out having fun without restriction.

    My interim ride plans for 2021 will be:

    April: Weekend in France/Belgium. Probably do WW1 sites again.
    May: Few days ride up North. Will probably do this to coincide with the UKSger Event.
    July: Trip to Normandy with my daughter. I have never been but had some discussion with my daughter and she would like to visit so we will ride down after her exams next year.

    Whats your's??

  2. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Richard230's Avatar
    Points: 215,907, Level: 100

    Real Name
    Richard
    Location
    Pacifica, California
    Joined
    Oct 2008
    Online
    1 Hour Ago
    Posts
    9,756 / 15 / 698 / 2031
    I don't have a clue. It all depends if 2021 is going to start off like 2020 seems to be ending. Right now the U.S. news media is saying that it will take about a year before enough people get vaccinated and things return to normal.
    Richard - Current bikes: 2016 BMW R1200RS, 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior. 

  4. #3
    Daboo's Avatar
    Points: 56,629, Level: 100

    Real Name
    Chris
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Online
    2 Hours Ago
    Posts
    4,714 / 0 / 9 / 3
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    I expect it will be much like this year was. I put on over 14,000 miles since January.

    April will probably be a ride down to Death Valley, with stops along the way.
    May will be a rally in Idaho.
    June will be a rally in Eastern Washington to start, then a National Rally in Spearfish, SD.
    July has nothing on the schedule ...yet.
    August has two, maybe three rallies.
    September will have another.

    And then there will be lots of long day trips in the state.

    Chris
    Elnathan - 2014 BMW F800GT
    IBA# 49894 True Rounder = 0-20's - Rounder -- to -- 100's+ Red Hot Rounder

    John 14:6 

  5. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    BoxerBits's Avatar
    Points: 1,748, Level: 25

    Real Name
    Nigel
    Location
    St. Neots, Cambs.
    Joined
    Apr 2019
    Online
    4 Hours Ago
    Posts
    257 / 0 / 0 / 0
    Quote Originally Posted by wildfowler View Post
    What are fellow riders plans for Next Year. 2020 has been a year not to remember ..?
    Morning Simon

    Like yourself, no boasts of traveling exploits this year I'm afraid. Ironically I'd a plan to visit Oberammergau as part of a jaunt down to Trieste but I'd have been an eejit to attempt that sort of journey in current circumstances.

    However with the ever more enlightened news reports over the last week or so, and a return of a semblance of order, it's time to rekindle a few dreams and plan for a better new year.

    Personally I think I'll be limiting myself to the UK for a while with first trip back home to visit family who I've not seen this year and pay respects to a good friend.

    I've a pair of AltBerg Hog on order that will need to be picked up. That will be a good excuse to head north to test them out.

    Have fun with your planning, don't forget to allow room to bring home some samples of the local produce.







    Sent from my moto g(8) power lite using Tapatalk

  7. #5
    Points: 5,858, Level: 52

    Real Name
    simon
    Location
    Welling Kent
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Online
    1 Week Ago
    Posts
    68 / 0 / 0 / 0
    Motorcycle
    '13 F700GS
    Yep once we have a vaccine we will be able to start back on the road to a new normality

  8. #6
    Points: 5,858, Level: 52

    Real Name
    simon
    Location
    Welling Kent
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Online
    1 Week Ago
    Posts
    68 / 0 / 0 / 0
    Motorcycle
    '13 F700GS
    Quote Originally Posted by Daboo View Post
    I expect it will be much like this year was. I put on over 14,000 miles since January.

    April will probably be a ride down to Death Valley, with stops along the way.
    May will be a rally in Idaho.
    June will be a rally in Eastern Washington to start, then a National Rally in Spearfish, SD.
    July has nothing on the schedule ...yet.
    August has two, maybe three rallies.
    September will have another.

    And then there will be lots of long day trips in the state.

    Chris
    14,000 in less than a year pretty good going. Full onschedule for the year

  9. #7
    Points: 5,858, Level: 52

    Real Name
    simon
    Location
    Welling Kent
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Online
    1 Week Ago
    Posts
    68 / 0 / 0 / 0
    Motorcycle
    '13 F700GS
    Quote Originally Posted by BoxerBits View Post
    Morning Simon

    Like yourself, no boasts of traveling exploits this year I'm afraid. Ironically I'd a plan to visit Oberammergau as part of a jaunt down to Trieste but I'd have been an eejit to attempt that sort of journey in current circumstances.

    However with the ever more enlightened news reports over the last week or so, and a return of a semblance of order, it's time to rekindle a few dreams and plan for a better new year.

    Personally I think I'll be limiting myself to the UK for a while with first trip back home to visit family who I've not seen this year and pay respects to a good friend.

    I've a pair of AltBerg Hog on order that will need to be picked up. That will be a good excuse to head north to test them out.

    Have fun with your planning, don't forget to allow room to bring home some samples of the local produce.







    Sent from my moto g(8) power lite using Tapatalk
    Yep recent news on vaccine is promising. Good choice the Altbergs. I have a pair that have served me well. Very made well boot and comfortable. Lot better than previous boots and i think these will definitely last a lot longer..

  10. #8
    notacop is offline The original Schwartz Wald Troll
    Points: 50,297, Level: 100

    Location
    SoCalif. near Pasadena
    Joined
    Sep 2007
    Online
    11 Hours Ago
    Posts
    13,503 / 8 / 110 / 2177
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800 ST
    Motorcycle
    '04 DL-650A V-Strom
    Motorcycle
    '13 G650GS (Single)
    Well at least now I know where the MOA National is gonna be. Maybe the Top of the Rockies just before or after? Wouldn't that be fun again?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •