new to group - BMW Sport Riders & Racers Forum

Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

Real Name
    russ
    12-10-20
    I purchased a pristine 2014 s1000rr with 2600 miles, one slight problem it had a run in with a tree, direct hit, driving the front wheel into the radiator/oil cooler. My questions are, fix or part out, potential problems/ pitfalls if I go the repair route. pretty much everything in the front of the header is broken. Any thoughts??

2. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

20 Hours Ago
    It all depends on how long you're willing to take to get it rideable again. I see you are in Florida and can ride year round, so if you're needing/itching to get the work done ASAP and start ordering new OEM parts, you might be spending way more than the bike is probably worth. Do you have time to watch craigslist, ebay, track forums to find stock parts taken off a race bike or post some "want to buy" ads and wait? First you need to inventory all damaged parts and see what's salvageable. I've restored several motorcycles and the cost to make things right are almost always way more than you think. If you got the bike super cheap and you have lots of time, you could end with a cool motorcycle.